Last revised: April 12, 2019
Children Under the Age of Thirteen (13)
The Services do not target anyone under eighteen (18) years of age. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), do not use or provide any information through the Services. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under that age of thirteen (13) without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal and email address, telephone and fax number, credit or debit card number, your account information, or ANY OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment and software you use to access the Websites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
(i) directly from you when you provide it to us; and
(ii) automatically as you navigate the Websites, which automatically-collected information may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or in connection with your use of the Services may include:
- information that you provide when (i) filling in forms, (ii) requesting our services, and/or (iii) reporting problems;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- your search queries on the Websites.
All comments, content, and materials you transmit on or through the Websites and/or that you provide to us or our affiliates through other means, such as Electronic Communications, are collectively referred to herein as “User Contributions”. You transmit and/or provide User Contributions at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to the Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites; and
- information about your computer equipment, software, and/or internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
If you receive our email marketing material, we may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (“Behavioral Tracking”). You will be given the opportunity on every marketing material email to opt-out of Behavioral Tracking. At this time, we do not respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about Behavioral Tracking, such as “Do Not Track” signals.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your navigation; and
- recognize you when you return to the Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags, and single-pixel GIFs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics, such as recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. These third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present the Websites and their contents to you;
- to provide you or anyone you have selected with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to the Company, the Websites, or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
If you do not want us to disclose your information to third parties to market their products or services to you, please contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section to request access to, correct or delete any information that you have provided to us. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
We have implemented measures on the Websites that are designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and urge you to be careful about giving out information to the third parties.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Charah Solutions, Inc.
12601 Plantside Drive
Louisville, KY 40299