The scheduler is responsible for the coordination and development of all forced, planned, and refuel outage schedules, with a focus on activity, logic, and resource, and constraint input into the scheduling tool. They will successfully develop and maintain accurate schedules throughout development and execution, by working with peer Schedulers, Team Leaders, and Outage Specialists.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and maintain detailed, accurate, and usable schedules and reports.
- Work windows and assist in creating contingency plans, by working with Leads, Engineers, and Planners.
- Facilitate scheduling meetings for the purpose of pre-planning, implementing, and critiquing schedules.
- Ensure open communications between all departments, Team Leads, and System Engineers.
- Identify and implement enhancements to outage development and execution processes.
- Review, analyze, and initiate schedule or process enhancements to allow for efficient development and implementation of the schedule to save time, money, exposure, and improve safety and reliability.
- Critical thinking
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open cabinets, bend or stand as necessary. Must be able to type.
Required Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 10 years related experience with the development of PC or mainframe based nuclear maintenance or operations schedules (5 of which must be exempt-level nuclear experience)
- Critical Path scheduling Method knowledge
- Scheduling Tool knowledge
- Business or Associate’s degree in engineering or business
- Previous clerical or administrative experience
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of health care terminology
- Nuclear power company experience (preferred)
- Communication/managing experience
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.