Safety Supervisor supports the implementation of Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) programs for the Company. Position will be a resource to assist the evaluation of work environments to identify potential hazards and define controls for ensuring the safe performance of work. Conduct investigations of EH&S incidents, prepare reports, and ensure appropriate notifications of incidents to management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will be a technical EH&S resource for the Site with regards to EH&S matters.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Develop hazard control methods.
- Implement, administer, and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control program requirements.
- Measure, audit, and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and associated programs.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Problem Solving
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have ability of good vision and hearing. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
- Must be knowledgeable of EH&S standards (which includes the OSHA Standards 1926 and 1910) and safety work practices.
- 3-5 years of nuclear experience.
- Working in a nuclear facility within the last 12 months.
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.