Website Allied Power
Become a part of the Allied Power team today. We are seeking motivated, innovative, caring and respectful individuals to join us on our mission to provide safe, efficient, and effective service delivery to the utility industry throughout the U.S. and North America. We are currently recruiting for a Safety Manager to join the team. If you’re a professional with extensive experience, seeking a growing company and a fast-paced working environment, this might be the position for you!
The position of Safety Manager will be responsible for working with Operations, Corporate, and Human Resources to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. They will make sure Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations are followed as well. They will work with company management to promote safety in the workplace.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible to implement the Company HSE Program and all pertinent procedures needed to support its execution across all sites. Submit all program and procedural content for required revisions, approval, maintain administrative control, audit compliance and review the recordability of work related incidents, injuries, and illnesses
- Coordinating the placement, management, and guidance of assigned HSE representatives to assist the respective Site Managers in the administration of this program
- Establishing/Implementing, monitoring, and trending safety performance
- Coordinating worker observation program
- Monitoring and addressing causes and corrective actions to prevent recurrence of safety problems and developing fleet wide changes to be incorporated through revision to the HSE policies
- Coordinating development of site specific outage ALARA and HSE Plans
- Coordinating direct hire of HSE representatives
- Establishing industrial and radiological corrective actions and long term steps for root and apparent causes for issues found in the field
- Leading an aggressive fleet wide effort to engage in and drive down radiological exposure
- Supporting the Central Office during outage season by visiting sites and observing implementation and execution
- Ensuring HSE personnel conduct periodic tours, inspections and observations of ALL preparation and job locations including Confined Spaces, High Rad Areas, and outlying fabrication facilities before and during the outage.
- Updating and ensuring compliance with all Company HSE policies.
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Presentation and Training Skills
This position includes sitting and standing for long periods of time, typing, as well as other office activities. Some traveling may be required.
Required Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Safety, Engineering, or other related field
- 5-7+ years safety experience, including extensive OSHA and case management expertise
- Nuclear power experience preferred