The Maintenance Support Craft Supervisor assigns and supervises boilermakers, scaffold builders, riggers, HVAC technicians, heavy equipment operators, painters, pipefitter, sheet metal workers, ironworkers, welders, plumber and insulators. The supervisor ensures the work is done per the applicable regulatory requirements; plant policies, procedures, and good maintenance principles; and nuclear standards for reactor safety, industrial safety, radiological safety, and environmental protection.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assign work to qualified individuals.
- Supervise the performance and documentation of maintenance activities including, installation, inspections, calibrations, testing, repairs, rework, and modifications.
- Verify that adequate and required safety precautions have been taken prior to initiating a maintenance or testing activity. Such precautions would include protection from high energy systems, electrical and mechanical hazards, radiological hazards, confined spaces, and chemical exposure.
- Provide on-the-job coaching in the proper use of tools, test equipment, and procedures to ensure compliance with plant-specific and industry-accepted standards of performance
- Provide maintenance support to other departments and support services, as requested.
- Interpret work orders, drawings, sketches, blueprints, data, etc.
- Report abnormal conditions observed or encountered, such as abnormal operating conditions, safety conditions, and violations of security procedures.
- Assisting in the development, correction, and validation of procedures and tests.
- Participate in training activities and maintain qualifications.
- Time Management
- Knowledge of Company Safety Rules
- Organizational Skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Manual dexterity is preferred. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to work different shifts.
Preferred Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
- Five years nuclear plant maintenance experience.
- APR 1400 experience.
- Mechanical craft or support craft experience.
Required Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
- Supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma (GED) or education equivalent – Ability to pass pre-employment testing.
- Three years experience with two years power plant experience and one year nuclear plant experience.
- Native English speaker or proven ILETS test score > 6.5.
- Ability to receive unescorted Nuclear access.
- Must have satisfactorily completed a maintenance apprentice program or the equivalent.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of the layout, construction, functions, and operation of the mechanical equipment and critical connections of the Station
- Must have thorough working knowledge of the mechanical maintenance, repair, and construction procedures and practices of the Station
- Must have thorough working knowledge of the rules, safety practices and procedures for clearing and tagging out apparatus for the protection of personnel and equipment
- Must have thorough working knowledge of the practices, principles, and proper application of equipment, as prescribed by the Company for industrial and radiological safety, first fid, and fire prevention.
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.