The Maintenance Planning Specialist plans and prepares work instructions for preventive and corrective maintenance, surveillances, and modification implementation. The Maintenance Planning Specialist ensures work instructions comply with applicable regulations; station procedures, standards and policies; and nuclear standards for nuclear, industrial, radiological and environmental safety.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prepare work instructions that ensure compliance with applicable regulations; station procedures, standards and policies; and nuclear standards for nuclear, industrial, radiological and environmental safety.
- Ensure understanding of work scope and detail through document reviews, working with other departments, and job site walk down.
- Ensure parts and supplies that will be needed for the job are available.
- Develop work instructions that meet applicable regulations; station procedures, standards and policies; and nuclear standards for nuclear, industrial, radiological and environmental safety.
- Provide support and clarification as needed during work activities.
- Incorporate lessons learned into future projects.
- Use of technical drawings, diagrams, tables as required by the maintenance discipline.
- Identification, procurement, and storage of replacement parts and consumables.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and work practices.
- Attention to detail during job site walkdowns
- Use of company provided computers and software related to work planning.
- Ability to interact with other plant departments to identify and resolve plant operational, engineering, or radiological issues related to the work.
- Fluency in English.
- Clear and concise writing skills.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Exposure to noise, grease, fumes, gases, electrical energy, and inclement weather conditions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Preferred Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
- Five years related experience
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- Teamwork and Communication.
- APR 1400 Experience
Minimum Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
- High school diploma.
- Three years related experience, two of which are power plant experience, oneof which is nuclear power plant experience.
- Native English speaker or proven ILETS test score >6.5.
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.