The Maintenance Planning Senior Specialist works with a multi-disciplinary team to develop final work package documents. Coordinates planning and execution of work packages to ensure ability to complete the work and perform job walk downs. These activities are done per the applicable regulatory requirements; plant policies, procedures, and good maintenance principles; and nuclear standards for reactor safety, industrial safety, radiological safety, and environmental protection.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan online and outage work tasks on a daily basis, in a manner that results in radiological exposure being as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA) to meet ALARA goals, using company approved software and procedures, to ensure operational readiness.
- Conduct field walk downs to identify and analyze corrective and preventive maintenance, modification, surveillance activities and to provide input for refining and improving work package quality.
- Coordinate with Work Management, Operations, and Engineering to identify and resolve work package issues.
- Identify for purchase or make procurement recommendations for all materials needed for work package execution to ensure work packages are adequately resourced.
- Review maintenance procedures to facilitate and enhance work package development, maintain compliance with codes, standards, vendor recommendation, and maintenance direction.
- Participate in planning maintenance work activities to meet milestone commitments.
- Follow industrial safety, nuclear safety, radiation safety, human performance and regulatory compliance requirements to promote a safety conscious environment.
- Analyze equipment deficiency, human performance and industrial safety events to establish corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Endorse training, industry benchmarking, and World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) best practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Participate in designating priorities for work activities to develop a resource loaded implementation schedule that accomplish required maintenance.
- Implement maintenance programs and procedures to provide a high level of plant reliability
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, develop, and manage the assigned programs for a multi-unit plant
- Understands nuclear power plant design and maintenance.
- Understands license basis requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with peers within the site and across nuclear.
- Understands the responsibilities with regards to the plant maintenance and work control requirements of a nuclear power plant.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Exposure to noise, grease, fumes, gases, electrical energy, and inclement weather conditions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Preferred Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
- Supervisory Experience.
- Teamwork and communication.
- APR 1400 experience.
Minimum Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Native English speaker or proven ILETS test score >6.5.
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.