Website Allied Power
The I&C Craft Supervisor assigns and supervises plant instrumentation and control activities such as surveillance, preventive and corrective maintenance, and system diagnostics and testing. These activities are done per the applicable regulatory requirements; plant policies, procedures, and good maintenance principles; and nuclear standards for reactor safety, industrial safety, radiological safety, and environmental protection.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assign work to qualified individuals.
2. Supervise the performance and documentation of I&C testing and maintenance activities including inspections, calibrations, testing, repairs, rework, and modifications.
3. Verify that adequate and required safety precautions have been taken prior to initiating a maintenance or testing activity. Such precautions would include protection from high energy systems, electrical and mechanical hazards, radiological hazards, confined spaces, and chemical exposure.
4. Provide on-the-job training in the proper use of tools, test equipment, and procedures to ensure compliance with plant-specific and industry-accepted standards of performance
5. Provide maintenance support to other departments and support services, as requested.
6. Interpret work orders, drawings, P&ID’s, schematics, ladder logic sketches, blueprints, data, etc.
7. Report abnormal conditions observed or encountered, such as abnormal operating conditions, safety conditions, and violations of security procedures.
8. Assisting in the development, correction, and validation of procedures and tests.
9. Participate in training activities and maintain qualifications.
2. Time Management
3. Knowledge of Company Safety Rules
5. Organizational Skills
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Exposure to noise, grease, fumes, gases, electrical energy, and inclement weather conditions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to work different shifts.
Preferred Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
1. Three years nuclear plant maintenance experience.
2. CE – PWR or APR 1400 experience.
3. I&C Craft experience.
4. Granting of I&C task qualifications at WANO/INPO sanctioned station.
Required Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
1. Supervisory experience.
2. High School Diploma (GED) or education equivalent – Ability to pass pre-employment testing
3. Five years experience with two years power plant experience and three years nuclear plant experience.
4. Associates degree or equivalent in Electronics OR – Applicable military Electronics maintenance experience OR – Specialized training in power plant instrument operation and maintenance/Navy Nuclear Electronic Technician experience
5. Native English speaker or proven ILETS test score > 6.5
6. Ability to receive unescorted Nuclear access
7. Must have thorough working knowledge of the I&C maintenance, repair, and construction procedures and practices of the Station
8. Must have thorough working knowledge of the rules, safety practices and procedures for clearing and tagging out electrical apparatus for the protection of personnel and equipment
9. Must have thorough working knowledge of the practices, principles of operation, and proper application of equipment, as prescribed by the Company, for industrial and radiological safety, first aid, and fire prevention.
10. Familiarity with APR 1400 reactor control, instrumentation and safety systems.
11. Familiarization with legacy Combustion-Engineering I&C systems, for example CERPI, CPCs, CEDMCS and other reactor core information systems.
12. Familiarity with Cyber Security requirements and solutions in commercial nuclear power.
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.