Under the direct supervision of their Site Manager, this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the Station. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, payroll, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations for the Site Manager/Station.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for Site Manager/Station. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of trade journals and magazines.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Answers phones for Site Manager. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other system development assistants to cover phones.
- Acts as a liaison with other Stations and the client, including high-level staff. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Required Education, Experience, Certification, and Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Microsoft Office experience
- Nuclear industry experience (preferred)
- Associate’s Degree (preferred)
- One (preferred two) years of related experience
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.