Website Allied Power
DATES: March 23 – April 17, 2020
LOCATION: Nine Mile Point
DATES: February 24 – March 27, 2020
Allied Power Services is looking for a Safety Supervisor at Limerick and Nine Mile Point. Position supports the implementation of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) programs. Must be knowledgeable of EH&S standards (which includes the OSHA Standards 1926 and 1910) and safety work practices.
This position serves as the primary Health and Safety resource for technical expertise and management of local safety issues with primary responsibility for health and safety compliance, procedure development, local health and safety awareness and information sharing. Establishes appropriate metrics, monitors performance, facilitates culture change initiatives, and performs incident analysis/root cause investigations of personal injury and motor vehicle accidents.
• Will be a technical EH&S resource for the project management with regards to EH&S matters:
o Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices
o Develop hazard control methods
o Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control program requirements
o Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and programs
• Position will be a resource to assist the evaluation of work environments to identify potential hazards and define controls for ensuring the safe performance of work
• Conduct investigations of EH&S incidents, prepare reports, ensure appropriate notifications of incidents to management.
• Provide coaching, consultation, and technical support to craft and supervision
• Manage the local resolution process of safety and health issues as they arise, via analysis, benchmarking, risk management and regulatory interface
• Provide coaching and mentoring to leadership in Safety Culture Change
• Maintain injury record keeping in accordance with federal regulation and manages overall accident reporting process including understanding of the facts of each event, determining recordability while maintaining the confidentiality of employee personal information and medical conditions
• Five years of nuclear experience
• Associate degree in a related technical field or equivalent field experience in a supervisory role
• Five years’ experience in EH&S field
• Minimum three years field experience in an operating plant
• Attention to detail, sense of urgency
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.