Allied Power, LLC
Allied Power Services is currently seeking a Work Control Superintendent for Exelon Nuclear to start in the near future.
Oversees cost and schedule management for projects and programs. Includes preparation of estimate, schedule and cost reports for the Site. Responsible for work package preparation and maintain matrix to track work. Other duties may also be assigned.
• Prepares and directs the implementation of estimating, scheduling and cost accounting methods and activities
• Coordinating and supervising activities of the work planning personnel in the development of field activities and work packages
• Oversees/monitors/analyses work progress against the maintenance schedules and directs preparation of timely schedule analysis reports
• Oversees and manages the scheduling and cost control systems
• Prepares scheduling and cost reports for presentation to top leadership
• Develops financial and operational objectives for the site
• Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives
• Develops relationships with key internal/external customers to identify emerging needs
• Coordinating and supervising activities of the Work Planning personnel in the development of field activities and work packages
• Developing plans, schedules, man-hour projections, and other information necessary to support an efficient, high quality production environment
• Interfacing with Clients Representatives in Work Control matters
• Ensuring that the work package enhancements reflect the latest lessons learned information
• Developing schedules and coordinating (during outage ramp up) the update of the Company schedule including, when necessary, the development of work-around or schedule recovery plans
• Being proactive in efforts to achieve or better the Client and the Company performance goals to close production, cost, and workforce gaps
• Planning and Scheduling Functions: o Planning, organizing, and developing schedule activities for assigned modification/maintenance work scope
o Developing maintenance plans and schedules and second/third level critical path networks for areas assigned to ensure conformance to the outage schedule(s)
o Monitoring and analyzing work progress against the maintenance schedules and directing preparation of timely schedule analysis reports
o Developing manpower in processing, ramp up, ramp down curves
o Developing and monitoring work scope addition/deletion tracking indicators and score cards
o Coordinating a scaffold tracking database
o Coordinating facility setup with the PS
• Performance monitoring and reporting: o Benchmarking practices at other sites
o Maintaining lessons learned database with list of actions
o Trending costs and unit rates for tracked commodities
o Performance improvement monitoring
o Cost Functions
o Directing the preparation of daily and weekly cost report and unit cost summary reports
o Providing earned value reporting on agreed-to projects
• Invoicing and Payment Functions: o Maintaining Work Packages with current revisions of procedures, forms, and design documents, and Work Package closure.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of ten years of relevant experience
• Minimum of five years of nuclear experience
• Has in-depth functional expertise and broad business knowledge
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Related Field
• Highly organized with demonstrated ability to multitask and handle the multitude of issues that arise daily on a construction project
• Must be able to work and perform duties with minimal supervision
• Extensive problem-solving skills
• Strong written and communication skills
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
• Power Plant Environment-Work both inside and outside in all temperatures and climate conditions in accordance with Heat Stress procedures
• Work in confined places, on elevations more than 250 feet, or from platforms at heights of 5 feet or greater
• Climb stairways, ladders, and work from aerial equipment
• Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment
• Work in and around rotating equipment, high voltage electrical equipment, high noise areas and elevations
• Work in confined spaces, some requiring the use of respirator protective equipment o Established facial hair in the sealing area of a respirator is not permitted when wearing respirators
• Substantial footwear must be worn.
• Overtime and non-standard work hours as required
• Daily work expectation requires ability to perform tasks by walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, shoveling and climbing (up to 25 pounds) in position above and below head, and extended from body to complete repairs
• Lift, carry, position and use tools and/or equipment (weighing up to 25 lbs.)
• Ability to twist the body and neck while driving company vehicles or operating company equipment
• Work with and around hazardous and non-hazardous materials (reference the waste management guidance manual)
• Overtime and non-standard work hours as required
• Extended periods of sitting
• May require wearing personal protective safety equipment
• Lift, carry, position and/or equipment (weighing up to 25 lbs.)
These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job. This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company’s discretion.
Allied Power is focused solely on the utility industry and provides a broad suite of services and a deep commitment to customer service and engagement with employees. We are a diversified
provider of services for power plants across the asset life cycle and our leadership has vast experience in the utility market and expertise in nuclear generation.
We provide safe and cost-effective power generation from our customer’s assets. Our services include Routine Maintenance, Outage Services & Management, Capital Construction, and Specialty Services (Welding, Valve Repairs, Reactor Services, Turbine Services, and Specialty Engineering).
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send resume to APSStaffing@alliedpwr.com