Allied Power Services is currently seeking a Production Superintendent for the Mid-Atlantic Exelon Peach Bottom Nuclear Power Station. Need to start as soon as possible.
Responsible for workforce by providing coordination and supervising on site and performing work in accordance with scopes of work and drawings, specifications and adhering to OSHA regulations, State laws and maintaining a safe working environment.
· Conscientious implementation and observed work force compliance with the Company HSE Program
o Continual communication of safety expectations to subordinates along with the coaching and counselling needed to produce suitable results
o Accept personal responsibility and accountability for the results obtained.
o Reviewing all Client Corrective Action Program Incident Reports originated by subordinates for level 2 and level 3 injuries, illnesses, or near misses during implementation of the HSE Program and before final initiations or dispositions are submitted for input by the Company CAPCO representative
· Organizing and managing all site field activities
· Supporting the site manager as necessary in presenting Radiation Worker Acknowledgement forms
o Signs the forms acknowledging presentation
o Interfacing with the clients Radiation Protection Department to assure Rad and High Rad briefs are properly supported and attended
· Clearance verification requirements as a supervisor in accordance with client procedure(s)
o During non-outage periods.
· Managing and supervising all craft labor and craft supervision
· Coordinating and supporting field operations of subcontractors and managed contractors using task managers
· Assuring that only qualified and properly trained individuals are assigned to tasks
· Assuring necessary resources to meet assigned project requirements
· Properly addressing craft concerns
· Having and developing an understanding of labor contracts and craft jurisdictions
· Interfacing daily with clients site representatives related to the Company field operation’s tasks and activities
· Spending considerable amounts of time in the field observing work activities
· Leading by example
· Assuring that the work meets the requirements of the work packages, work orders, and good work practice standards
· Interfacing with station Planning, Scheduling and Work Control organizations
· Interpreting and implementing the company activities as reflected on the station master schedule
· Being proactive in efforts to achieve performance improvement goals
· Identifying barriers to success and aggressively pursuing permanent changes to increase productivity
· Identifying opportunities for improvement of the company activities
· Participating in the development and implementation of solutions to productivity issues
· Assisting in report generation as required
· Assuring that all costs are accurately collected against the proper accounts
· Participating in coordination, scheduling, quality, safety, and progress review meetings
· Participating in Work Observation Programs on site
· Working to ensure supervisory administrative burdens are kept as low as reasonably achievable
· Performing walkdowns, constructability reviews and estimates
· Identifying best practices and repetitive tasks and implementing improvements
· Provide a listing of persons trained (per Client training standards) as confined space supervisors to the Company as well as Client HSE representatives.
· Authorize the designated General Forman to perform Hold (SH), Witness (SW) and Verification (SV) for critical attribute steps in the work packages when directed by the Superintendent / Supervisor
· Handles large construction projects concurrently
· Establishes and maintains a positive and professional working relationship with individuals at all levels of the company including client representatives and subcontractors
· Prepare daily job reports and maintain project files
· Inspects field construction work for compliance to plans and specifications.
Works on weekends when required
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum of ten years of relevant experience
· Minimum of five years of nuclear experience
· Has in-depth functional expertise and broad business knowledge
· Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Related Field
· Highly organized with demonstrated ability to multitask and handle the multitude of issues that arise daily on a construction project
· Must be able to work and perform duties with minimal supervision
· Extensive problem-solving skills
· Strong written and communication skills
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
· Power Plant Environment-Work both inside and outside in all temperatures and climate conditions in accordance with Heat Stress procedures
· Work in confined places, on elevations more than 250 feet, or from platforms at heights of 5 feet or greater
· Climb stairways, ladders, and work from aerial equipment
· Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment
· Work in and around rotating equipment, high voltage electrical equipment, high noise areas and elevations
· Work in confined spaces, some requiring the use of respirator protective equipment
o Established facial hair in the sealing area of a respirator is not permitted when wearing respirators
· Substantial footwear must be worn.
· Overtime and non-standard work hours as required
· Daily work expectation requires ability to perform tasks by walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, shoveling and climbing (up to 25 pounds) in position above and below head, and extended from body to complete repairs
· Lift, carry, position and use tools and/or equipment (weighing up to 25 lbs.)
· Ability to twist the body and neck while driving company vehicles or operating company equipment
· Work with and around hazardous and non-hazardous materials (reference the waste management guidance manual)
· Overtime and non-standard work hours as required
· Extended periods of sitting
· May require wearing personal protective safety equipment
· Lift, carry, position and/or equipment (weighing up to 25 lbs.)
These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job. This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company’s discretion.
Allied Power is focused solely on the utility industry and provides a broad suite of services and a deep commitment to customer service and engagement with employees. We are a diversified provider of services for power plants across the asset life cycle and our leadership has vast experience in the utility market and expertise in nuclear generation.
We provide safe and cost-effective power generation from our customer’s assets. Our services include Routine Maintenance, Outage Services & Management, Capital Construction, and Specialty Services (Welding, Valve Repairs, Reactor Services, Turbine Services, and Specialty Engineering).
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please email resume to APSStaffing@alliedpwr.com