Website Allied Power
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance & Accounting department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department.
2. Support the shares services function of the organization, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & Payroll.
3. Perform reconciliation(s) of Balance Sheet accounts.
4. Develop and implement proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies.
5. Perform monthly close functions, including journal entries and schedule preparation.
1. Financial Management.
2. Collaboration Skills.
3. Ethical Conduct.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Required Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
2. Minimum 1-3 years accounting experience, CPA candidate (preferred)
3. Knowledge of GAAP, Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Payroll
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.