Website Allied Power
Allied Power is searching for a hands-on, driven Quality Assurance Manager. They will be responsible for the implementation and evaluations of processes, procedures, and applications contributing to the overall objectives of maintaining an effective environmental, safety, health, and quality (ESHQ) quality assurance and quality control program. They will regularly conduct audits to assess the performance and quality of ongoing projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Accomplishes quality assurance human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
2. Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change
3. Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
4. Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
5. Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
6. Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
7. Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
8. Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
9. Develops testing and inspection procedures and analyzes the test and inspection results.
10. Ensures quality assurance results, materials, processes, and final products meet quality specifications and are completed according to established requirements.
11. Leads other quality engineers and technical specialists in the planning, conduct, and reporting of vendor and internal independent assessments.
12. Interprets quality assurance policy and procedures at the division or directorate level.
13. Conducts internal audits to ensure adherence to the Quality Assurance program and regulatory requirements.
14. Has confidence in relevant Quality Assurance processes, products and parts are safe, high-quality, reliable, and consistent.
1. Communication (Written and Oral)
5. Attention to Detail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position may require sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, lifting. They might be required to operate vehicles. Frequent exposure to noise, confined spaces, heights, cold, heat, and humidity.
Required Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
1. Knowledge of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) regulations
2. ASME ASNT NDT Level III course certification, with knowledge in Acoustic Emission Testing, Eddy Current Testing, Infrared and Thermal Testing, leak Testing, Magnetic Particle Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing, Radiographic Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, and Visual Testing.
3. Knowledge of spring design, design for vibration, welding processes, and bonding processes
4. Knowledge of design conditions and criteria, pressure design, limitations on components and joints, design requirements for specific systems (like boiler external piping), design for sustained and occasional loads, design criteria for thermal expansion, flexibility analysis, supports and restraints, load limits for attached equipment, requirements for material, fabrication, assembly, and erection, examination, pressure testing, non-metallic piping, and post-construction
5. Knowledge of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC)
6. Knowledge of Bioprocessing Equipment (BPE) Standard and/or Reinforced Thermoset Plastic Corrosion Resistant Equipment (RTP-1) Standard
7. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing, engineering, or business administration
8. Minimum 3 years in a Quality Assurance environment, with at least 3 years in a management role
9. Knowledge of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) inspection procedures
10. Knowledge of Commercial Grade Dedication procedures
11. Knowledge of Department of Energy Quality management systems
12. Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, APQP, FMEA and AS9100
13. Minimum 10 years professional experience in power plant design, operations
14. Basic computer skills (Microsoft applications)
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.