Website Allied Power
Ensure procedures are developed, reviewed, approved and distributed to appropriate personnel in accordance with the established review and approval process cycle. Conduct physical walk down of the system or facility location where appropriate.
• Develop and prepare plant procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Route and track procedures through all stages of the process cycle
• Maintain an accurate log of active procedures, prepare various tracking and trending reports as required
• Conduct regular and periodic reviews of existing procedures according to established site guidelines in response to organizational, technical or administrative changes, or at management direction
• Ensure that technical and engineering documents such as vendor manuals, diagrams, charts, blueprints and specifications are reviewed and accurately integrated into procedures
• Serve as part of a functional team while working independently to complete assignments according to scheduled deadlines
• English Proficiency minimum of IELTS 6 (International English Language Testing System) of level 5.5 on all and reading level 6.5
• ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) minimum of level 4
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 5-15 years’ Experience in Technical Procedure Writer
• Strong written and oral communication, organizational, research, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in keyboard skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
• Nuclear experience
• Reactor Operator (RO) License, Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license or certification preferred for Operations procedure writers
• Procedure Professionals Association (PPA) Certification
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
• Power Plant Environment-Work both inside and outside in all temperatures and climate conditions in accordance with Heat Stress procedures
• Work in confined places, on elevations more than 250 feet, or from platforms at heights of 5 feet or greater
• Climb stairways, ladders, and work from aerial equipment
• Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment
• Work in and around rotating equipment, high voltage electrical equipment, high noise areas and elevations
• Work in confined spaces, some requiring the use of respirator protective equipment
o Established facial hair in the sealing area of a respirator is not permitted when wearing respirators
• Substantial footwear must be worn.
• Overtime and non-standard work hours as required
• Daily work expectation requires ability to perform tasks by walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, shoveling and climbing (up to 25 pounds) in position above and below head, and extended from body to complete repairs
• Lift, carry, position and use tools and/or equipment (weighing up to 25 lbs.)
• Ability to twist the body and neck while driving company vehicles or operating company equipment
• Work with and around hazardous and non-hazardous materials (reference the waste management guidance manual)
These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job. This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company’s discretion.
Allied Power, is focused solely on the utility industry and provides a broad suite of services and a deep commitment to customer service and engagement with employees. We are a diversified provider of services for power plants across the asset life cycle and our leadership has vast experience in the utility market and expertise in nuclear generation.
We provide safe and cost-effective power generation from our customer’s assets. Our services include Routine Maintenance, Outage Services & Management, Capital Construction, and Specialty Services (Welding, Valve Repairs, Reactor Services, Turbine Services, and Specialty Engineering).