Website Allied Power
The Labor Relations Manager is responsible for managing a range of activities related to labor relations and staffing functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for negotiating agreements between the company and labor organizations.
2. Employee is responsible for researching labor law, bargaining procedures, economic data, and wage data common for careers, industries, and states.
3. Responsible for all items handled in negotiations including union practices, pensions, healthcare, welfare, salary, and grievances.
4. Helps to resolve disputes, complaints, and strikes. May work with mediators and arbitrators to determine the conditions of the new labor agreements.
5. Responsible for jurisdiction agreements.
6. Acts as a liaison between department managers and union representatives.
7. Develops, streamlines and enhances staffing systems, tracking reporting and analysis.
8. Leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals.
9. Ensures compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
1. Business Acumen.
4. Critical Evaluation.
5. Ethical Practice.
6. Global & Cultural Awareness.
7. HR Expertise.
8. Leadership & Navigation.
9. Relationship Management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Required Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resource management or related field or equivalent level of experience, training, and education.
2. 3 to 5 years of experience at a management or senior administrative level with emphasis on labor relations.
3. 5-10 years’ experience in union building trades labor.
4. Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements.
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.