Website Allied Power
Allied Power is seeking qualified electricians, at all levels, to support seasonal nuclear and fossil plant maintenance in Arizona starting Summer 2021. The Electrician will perform electrical maintenance activities working to plan, layout, install, and repair wiring, conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment. Work to ensure that the plant is maintained in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner, in compliance with company policies, procedures, and applicable codes and standards.
- Electrician I (Journeyman)
- Electrician II (Certified Journeyman)
- Electrician III (Supervisor/Lead)
- Experienced in reading electrical schematics for maintenance, repair, and alterations in electrical systems.
- Monitor and maintain mechanical and electrical systems of a nuclear power plant.
- Perform testing and maintenance activities on electrical equipment and components, including data evaluation and the disassembly, rework, repair, assembly, alignment, inspection, and testing required to ensure the continued and reliable operation of all electrical equipment and components.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, rules, and conduit benders.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with crews or bolts using hand or power tools.
- Pulls wiring through conduit, assisted by helper.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Record and log the results of electrical maintenance and testing activities on all electrical equipment, corrective actions, and settings.
- Promote high standards of workmanship, maintaining high level of equipment reliability and proper work practices.
- Understanding, and adherence to, lock out/tag out requirements.
- Provide electrical support to other departments and support services, as requested.
- Ensure work activities are performed in accordance with applicable procedures and policies in a safe and efficient manner.
- Consistent seasonal work with potential for longer duration assignments.
- Additional hours, call outs and/or rotating shifts may be required during refueling outages and emergent plant activities as the needs arise.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent.
- Minimum three years in the nuclear (preferred) or fossil industry.
- Must meet and maintain requirements for unescorted plant access.
- If requested, must be able to pass proficiency test.
Electrician II (Certified Journeyman):
- Requires attainment of NCCER certifications written and/or practical.
- Arizona Electrician License L-11, K-11, or equivalent.
Electrician III (Supervisor/Lead):
- Proven experience providing leadership, instruction, and guidance to other craft workers in work crew, assisting to Foreman, while working in the capacity of a journeyman.
- Three years of previous supervisory/leadership experience.
- Ability to pass a First Line Supervisor test and demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience participating in reporting and investigating work-related injuries and/or human performance events.
- Conduct work in a power plant environment, both inside and outside, in all temperatures and climate conditions.
- Climb stairways, ladders, and work from aerial equipment.
- May require wearing personal protective safety equipment.
- Work in and around rotating equipment, high voltage electrical equipment, high noise areas and elevations.
- Able to distinguish colors.
- Daily work expectation requires ability to perform tasks by walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, shoveling, climbing, and lifting (up to 25 pounds) in position above and below head, and extended from body to complete repairs.
- Work with and around hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job. This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company’s discretion.
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.